Could you build a structurally sound house without building plans? Impossible! The same goes for your building business- running a successful company without proper accounting is impossible! The construction industry contributed to 9% of all goods and services produced in Australia in 2022. This statistic highlights the industry’s significant role in the economy, meaning there’s …
Sydney Business Consultants
What type of issues can a business consultant help with?
Development of policies, strategies, objectives or other written materials
Troubleshooting supply issues
Assisting with restructuring
Developing job descriptions and specifications; assisting with interviewing
Team building and development: improving motivation; identifying training needs, and dealing effectively with specific staffing issues
Cost-cutting; designing sustainable financial strategies; providing options for responsible borrowing; advising on corporate structure
Building capacity within an organisation with respect to robust, compliant systems, such as financial systems; HR systems; health & safety protocols.
Consideration of data protection and online security matters
What added value does Pherrus business consultancy bring?
We offer each client the opportunity to receive a FREE accountancy health check. This is a complimentary service that we offer our clients, giving them the opportunity to gain a greater understanding of what’s working well, and what needs additional work to perform optimally.
Pherrus specialises in start-up and fledgling businesses, providing cost-effective, targeted business consultancy support that’s designed to make a measurable difference, often in just a few weeks or months. Experts in all aspects of business finance, Pherrus also has expertise in other aspects of business operation and strategic development.
No matter what you want to achieve, Pherrus has the skills and knowledge-base to help you get there.
Business development services are a range of non-financial services designed to help your business grow and improve. These can include identifying growth opportunities, such as new markets, partnerships, or products, and creating strategic plans to seize these opportunities.
Business development services often include client relationship management and managerial training and mentoring. They can also improve existing processes or operations to enhance efficiency and productivity.
By engaging these services, your business can gain valuable insights and strategies to stay competitive and achieve long-term success.
Hiring a business development consultant can benefit your business in various ways.
They bring a fresh perspective and expert knowledge to help identify new opportunities and strategies for growth. They can fine-tune your business model, assist in market research, and develop effective marketing and sales strategies.
If your business is facing challenges, a consultant will provide innovative solutions and help navigate change. They can also offer valuable training to enhance your team’s skills.
It’s important to choose a consultant who understands your industry and shares your vision for your business while also suiting your budget.
The main purpose of business development is to identify and create opportunities that contribute to the sustainable growth of your business. This can include finding new markets, forming strategic partnerships, improving products or services, and enhancing operational efficiency.
Business development also aims to foster relationships with partners, clients, and stakeholders for long-term success.
Essentially, business development is about making strategic decisions and taking action to improve and expand your business in a way that aligns with your company’s goals and vision.
1. Market research: Conduct thorough research to understand market trends, customer needs, and potential opportunities.
2. Opportunity identification: Analyse the market research findings to identify growth opportunities, such as new markets, emerging trends, or untapped customer segments.
3. Strategic planning: Develop a strategic plan that outlines your business objectives, goals, and strategies for pursuing the identified opportunities.
4. Relationship building: Build and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, including clients, partners, and industry influencers, to create mutually beneficial connections.
5. Sales and marketing: Implement effective sales and marketing strategies to promote your products or services, attract customers, and generate leads.
6. Regular evaluation: Assess and adjust your business strategies, monitor market changes, and seek feedback to continuously improve and adapt to the evolving business landscape.
The cost of talking to a business consultant varies based on their expertise, experience, and the scope of your project or needs.
Hourly rates for business consultants can range from $50 to $300 or more. Some consultants may offer fixed-price packages or project-based pricing. Shorter consultations or advisory sessions may be cheaper, while more extensive engagements are more expensive.
While weighing the cost of working with a business consultant, consider the value and expertise they will bring to your business.
- Such services include
- Business planning: Assistance in developing a strategic business plan to define objectives, strategies, and action steps.
- Financial management: Guidance on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow management, and financial analysis.
- Marketing and sales: Support in creating effective marketing strategies, branding, market research, and sales techniques.
- Operations improvement: Consulting to streamline operations, enhance productivity, and optimise business processes.
- Technology integration: Assistance with adopting and leveraging technology solutions to improve efficiency and competitiveness.
- Human Resources: Consulting on HR policies, recruitment, employee training, and performance management.
- Legal and compliance: Guidance on legal and regulatory requirements for compliance and risk management.
Look for consultants with expertise in your industry or specific area of need. Their experience and knowledge will be valuable in addressing your business’s challenges. Then check their track record and client testimonials to assess their credibility and success.
Effective communication is crucial, so choose a consultant with good communication skills who listens and understands your business goals.
Compatibility is also key- you want a consultant who aligns with your values, understands your vision, and can work well with your team. You should be able to evaluate these qualities from an initial consultation.
Also, consider the consultant’s fees and transparency in pricing and their availability and commitment to your project.
Consider hiring a consultant when you face complex challenges that require specialised expertise beyond your team’s capabilities.
A consultant can bring fresh perspectives and strategies if you need more growth or help to identify new opportunities. They can also provide guidance when you need to streamline operations, improve efficiency, or implement changes.
If you need more specific skills or knowledge in areas like marketing, finance, or technology, a consultant can offer valuable insights.
Ultimately, hiring a business consultant is beneficial when their expertise can help overcome obstacles and drive your business forward.